CMU members who went: Josephine Palencia, Felix Duvalet, Erica Karapandi
Only 1 shore dive (no Pontoon boat).
Where: Battle Creek endmost section beyond the dock
Summersville Lake, WV
Depth: 30feet for submerged white boat
* Assemble & inspect your gear early so you're ready on the getgo.
* A well-planned dive with a designed lead makes for a safer dive. Impromptu assignment of a dive leader is not a good idea. You always have an option to back out of a dive if safety is an issue.
* Never bepressured to leada dive you are not comfortable leading.
* For shore diving, inspect the entry route that would be easier for divers to enter. For Battle Creek dock endmost beyond the gate, left side of the dock has less rocks and uneven surface.
* To learn navigation on freshwater dive, stay close to the surface. That way you can easily check your position/direction without difficulty. When you master relying only on your instrument for depth/direction, go below and work on your bouyancy.
* For the dive flag rope, have a looping mechanism to prevent tangling.