CMU explorers who went: Josephine Palencia
We stayed at the Morritt's Tortuga Resort (nice). I dove with the very professional Ocean Frontier's dive shop while Neda got certified with Red Sail.
Dives done: Did a total of 20 dives (josephin), 6 dives (neda) in over a week.
Grand Cayman east diving is mostly ~100 ft great wall dives on one side
(shoulder) then plunges into the abyss on your other side/shoulder.
Neda got certified and did 4 check-out dives, the Kittiwake wreck, and the
Stingray City dive. All of my dives start at 100ft or so followed by
60-80ft dives. I dove each one for over an hour so averaged about 4-5
hours of diving/day.
We rented a small car for ~ $200/week.
A great diving vacation. Would love to return there again.
Below are the dives. (*favorites)
Dive - Depth - Duration
1. Babylon Gardens - 100ft - 1hr
2. Club Hole - 67ft - 1hr 10m
3. Pat's Wall - 100ft - 1hr
4. Maggies Maze - 60ft - 1hr
5. Scuba Bowl - 100ft - 45m
6. Light House on the Prairie - 65ft - 1hr 10m
7. Eeny, Meeny, Miny Mo - 100ft - 1hr 5m
8. Frand Sound Gardens - 41ft - 1hr 10m
9. Turtle Pass - 100ft - 45m
10. Cinderella's Castle - 65ft - 1hr 5m
11. High Rock Drop-Off - 100ft - 1hr
12. Ironshore Gardens - 65ft - 1hr 10m
13. Andy's Wall - 100ft - 1hr
14. Eagle Ray pass - saw 2 eagle rays (mate) going towards the abyss - 100ft - 1hr
15. Kathleens' Reef - 82ft - 1hr 10m
16. Split Rock - 80ft - 1hr
17. Sunset Reef - night dive: cool with UV lights - 21ft - 1hr
18. Stingray City - 12ft - 50m
19. 3 Sisters - 100ft - 1hr
20. The Arch - 70ft - 1hr 10m
21. Kitiwake wreck - 60ft - 45m